About Baccarat Games

Baccarat is a popular casino game that has been around for centuries. It's a favorite in both land-based and online casinos because of its simplicity and the quick game play that baccarat offers.

The Origin of Baccarat

It isn't quite clear where baccarat actually originated, but similar games were played in France and Italy as long ago as the 1400s. The most widely accepted theory is that the first game of baccarat was created by an Italian man named Felix Falguierein. Based on an Etruscan legend, the game was originally played with tarot cards.

Online Baccarat

Today, there are four different baccarat variations played in online and offline casinos. Chemin de Fer and Baccarat en Banque are the French versions and are generally only available in French casinos. European and American baccarat are the most common variations and are found in online casinos, as well as land-based establishments around the world.

Understanding Baccarat Odds

One of the reasons online baccarat is so popular is because it's not only easy to play, the odds of winning are quite favorable. Baccarat has one of the lowest house advantages in the entire casino so it's an excellent opportunity to increase your bankroll. There's a 50.7% chance that the bank will win the hand and a 49.3% chance that the player's hand beats the banker's.

Online baccarat is a simple, fun game with a rich history. It's no surprise baccarat continues to be a casino favorite around the world.